Wednesday 24 November 2010

Platform2 'I Am The Change' Poetry Book Launch

Below is a piece I wrote to perform at the launch of the Platform 2 'I Am The Change' Poertry Book launch.   Poetry on the theme of Global injustice.  The collection brought together the works of various young people who travelled to developing countries with the Platform2 volunteering program.  


To find more about the Platform 2 program go to : http://www.myplatform2.com/



The Root Cause


I used to blame other people for my own mistakes

Used to sit around and wait until it became too late
Its so easy to laze to procrastinate
Its difficult to change and create your own fate

But its never too late to shape ur own life
I get up early every morning , give thanks for being alive
According to evolution only strong survive
So if at first you don’t succeed you’ve gotta try try try

To be all you can be
There’s infinite possibility
What you believe governs exactly what your going to see
And what you believe determines what you receive in return. 

Because Nature works on a basic set of Algorithms,
The more you input for others the more altruism
You receive in return and the more you learn about
The interconnectivity of all

Gotta find the root cause, the root cause, the root cause, look at the root. 
Gotta find the root cause, the root cause, the root cause, look at the root.

In our present system we rely on short term solutions
profit takes priority in the codes of institutions
Every disease is appeased by looking at straight the symptoms
Pills and potions that result side-affect conditions. 

But I’ve decided to prescribe myself a lasting fix
With no harmful side-effects only benefits
the medicine of meditation is a lasting kind
Becoming a silent witness of my own mind

So I can remove my pet lip, sip on the h20 flow
Alcoholic kicks are unnecessary for those
Whose happiness needs no quick catalyst to assist

hearing the internal rhythm I go aka at a party
Dance with so much energy i nearly leap out of my body
Feeling so hearty want to introduce myself to myself. 

Gotta find the root cause, the root cause, the root cause, look at the root.
Gotta find the root cause, the root cause, the root cause, look at the root.

  

1 comment:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.